Sunday 8 January 2012

A New Year!

The first post of the New Year!  I was lucky enough to bring in the New Year in Kintyre, staying at the wonderful Dunvalanree Hotel with my family.  Plenty of great food, walks on the beach and fireworks over the bay to welcome in the New Year.




Since then, however, not much has happened in 2012 for me as I've been under the weather this week.  That said I'm hoping for lots of nice quilting and sewing to come.  I'll be watching these tutorials for some help and inspiration....

FairyFace Designs

Since Christmas all I've managed to do is a bit of cross stitching of a map of Scotland, which I've been working on for many many years now, tiny bit at a time.  After some more regular attention recently perhaps 2012 will see it finished! 

I'm also very much looking forward to finishing my class quilt that I've been doing every second Wednesday over the winter with Sheila.  The flying geese, four and nine patches are all finished now and waiting to get into formation and meet with some wadding and backing!


2 comments:

  1. Hi Happy New Year - your photos look lovely.
    Sorry if you had a few replies from me from the comment you left me: my email/hotmail is playing up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you are feeling better Lorna.x

    ReplyDelete